We’re getting ready to welcome you back
PUBLISHED: 28 May 2020
InterContinental Hayman Island Resort will reopen from 1st September 2020*, operating in accordance with the public health orders of the Queensland and Australian Federal Government in response to COVID-19.
Since the start of the crisis, the resort’s leadership team have remained committed to implementing additional health and safety measures in line with local jurisdiction, including but not limited to, increased frequency of deep cleaning public areas and accommodation rooms and adjusting food and beverage operations to ensure the highest level of hygiene and precautionary action.
Building on this work, InterContinental Hayman Island Resort will execute the IHG Way of Clean programme. The programme has been developed in conjunction with experts from Ecolab, a global leader in hygiene technologies and service, and includes deep cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants in guestrooms and public spaces, and a continued partnership with Ecolab to enhance the programme and provide high-impact cleanliness solutions, including:
Personal guest cleanliness and safety resources, such as:
- Individual guest amenity cleaning kits and personal-use sanitizer/wipes for guests
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidance for resort staff
- Visible sanitizer stations in public areas and colleague spaces
- New operating procedures to integrate social distancing signage and signals
Enhanced cleaning and operating procedures for every zone of the hotel:
- Arrival: Reduced contact and physical interaction at check-in and check-out, touchless transactions, guidance on usage of front desk barriers, and sanitizer stations in high traffic areas
- Public Spaces and Amenities: Visible and more frequent deep cleaning of high touch surfaces, spacing or reduction of furniture for social distancing, best practices for pools and other amenity spaces
- Food & Beverage: Operational changes to food & beverage requirements and delivery; new food & beverage standards and service protocols, new approaches to buffets, banquets, and catering
- Guest Room: Verification of sanitization with items marked as cleaned / ready to use (e.g., glassware, remote control), removal of in-room collateral or other high touch items, and upgraded laundry protocols
- Technology: Evaluating advanced technology for implementation as part of this enhanced programme and all elements of a contactless guest experience
These rigorous, new efforts are being led by IHG’s recently established Global Cleanliness Board. This group of IHG operations, health and safety, and guest experience colleagues are working with external specialists to understand best practices, define solutions and implement processes that address short term needs and are sustainable over the long-term.
Furthermore, with updated measures in place, we are launching an IHG Clean Promise. Rolling out globally from 1 June 2020, guests can be reassured that: Good isn’t good enough – we’re committed to high levels of cleanliness. That means clean, well maintained, clutter free rooms that meet our standards. If this isn’t what you find when you check-in then we promise to make it right.
If you have any further questions or would like to make a booking from 1st September 2020*, please reach out to our Reservations Team.
*Please note that this reopening date is subject to change and is dependant on both the Australian Federal Government and the Queensland Government’s guidelines on interstate travel.