EXPERIENCES & RECREATION
PADI Open Water Course - Discover the world under the sea.
Dive into a once-in-a-lifetime adventure by earning your scuba diving certification – the globally-recognised PADI Open Water Diver course - during your time on Hayman Island.
To take home the ultimate scuba souvenir, enroll in the PADI Open Water Diver course (or Junior Open Water Diver course) which is available through InterContinental Hayman Island Resort’s Marine Centre. Please note: to be eligible for the course you will need to have adequate swimming skills, be in good physical health and be aged 10 years old or above. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development (online or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills in the state of art dive pool at the InterContinental Hayman Island Resort’s Marine Centre
- Open Water Dives on the Great Barrier Reef
Your PADI Open Water Diver course includes:
- Online Learning – Must be completed prior to arrival on island (approximately 16-20 hours)
- One pool session at InterContinental Hayman Island Resort’s Marine Centre
- A tour time of two full days on Hayman Island includes one beach dive and three open water dives
- Refreshments (including non-alcoholic beverages) and lunch provided on dive outings across 2 days
- Professional dive equipment
Please note that this course is priced at $1750 including online learning package (additional fees apply for classroom tutorials).
Dive courses need to be booked in advance, please talk to our team for further information.
All guests diving and snorkelling will be required to fill out a medical questionnaire to ensure that you have no medical problems (past or present) or taking any medication that may be contradictory to diving or snorkelling. Some medical conditions and / or medication may prevent you from diving or snorkelling. If you are unsure about this, please discuss this with our team at the time of booking.